Email and Calendar Support
ITS recommends the use of the web client for email and calendar for the most consistent user experience.
Microsoft Office 365
Information on the Office 365 project will be regularly updated.
Zimbra Recommended Clients
|Operating System||Full ITS Support||Documentation Only|
|Windows 7||Outlook 2010 with IMAP||IMAP Configuration (below)|
(IE, Firefox, Chrome, Safari)
|Generic Zimbra Connector Configuration|
|Mac OS 10.X||
(Firefox, Chrome, Safari)
IMAP Client Configuration,
|Android||IMAP and Exchange Configuration|
|Apple iOS||IMAP and Exchange(pdf) Configuration|
1. In general, ITS recommends migrating to the Zimbra web client for full functionality.
2. Contact the ITS Service Desk for quota increases (faculty/staff only).
3. For email local message stores ITS recommends using Outlook with IMAP.
4. No sensitive or confidential data should be stored on a local or external device. Refer to Cal Poly data classification and security information.
IMAP settings for Outlook, Thunderbird, Mac Mail, and other clients
- Username: Your full Cal Poly Email address. e.g. email@example.com
- Password: Your Cal Poly Portal password.
- Incoming email server: mail.calpoly.edu
- Incoming port: 993
- Incoming connection type: SSL
- Outgoing email server: mail.calpoly.edu
- Outgoing port: 25 (587 works better for some off-campus Outlook users)
- Outgoing connection type: TLS